- 1/4 Kilo of Sitaw (cut at least 2 inches in length)
What else can't be cooked with coconut milk? Majority of the vegetables in the Philippines can be used as an ingredient to a sumptuous meal with a coconut milk. You can also cook Pork, Chicken and seafood’s. This time, let me show you how to cook Ginataang Sitaw. If you search online, there are lots of English translations of "Sitaw", some calls it Green Beans, Long Green Beans, Long Beans, etc...
- 1/2 Kilo of Pork Belly or Liempo (cut into cubes)
- 1/4 Kilo of Shrimps (Shelled)
- Green Chili (Chopped)
- Cooking Oil
- Fish Sauce, Salt and Pepper
- Shrimp Paste
- Coconut Milk (Powdered or Canned)
- 1 cup of water
Cooking Procedure:- In a pan, pour the cooking oil, sauté' garlic and onions.
- Add the ginger. After few minutes of sautéing, pour fish sauce. There's no exact measurement of the fish sauce or salt and pepper, it depends on how you like the taste.
- After pouring the fish sauce, add shrimp paste until it's cooked, unless the shrimp paste was already cooked or sautéed'.
- Now you can add the pork and cook it until its tender.
- When pork is tender enough, add shrimps and the chopped green chili’s.
- Sauté it for a minute and pour the mixture of one cup of water and the powdered coconut milk or in can.
- Once it boiled, pour the long beans or sitaw and cook it until it's half cooked. Or you can cook it very well.
Remember, this recipe is just a guideline to cook but the outcome of your cooking will always be your decision.
Do not be scared of experimenting different ingredients.
If you'd like to receive emails whenever we have new recipes online, please do register to our Email Newsletter. Just enter your email address and follow the instruction. It will only take you a minute or so.