Ginataan, is a Filipino term which refers to food cooked with gata - the Filipino word for coconut milk. Literally translated, ginataan means "done with coconut milk". Due to the general nature of the term, it can refer to a number of different dishes, each called ginataan, but this time our recipe is Ginataang Alimasag or Crab cooked in Coconut milk.
Ingredients and cooking procedure after the jump.Ingredients:
* 6 medium size of Crab
* Squash Flower / Bulaklak ng Kalabasa
* Yardlong Beans/Sitaw
* Coconut milk, 1 whole coconut
* Fish Sauce
* Saute' garlic and onions, add fish sauce and coconut milk
* Let it boil then add the crabs
* Once the crab turned orange color, add the squash, squash flowers and the spinach
* Let it cook for few minutes and turn off the fire and add the chillis.
* Please make sure that the vegetables are half cooked, overcooked veggies don't taste well.
This recipe is very easy to do and serves 6 people. Eat it with steamed rice.
If you like this recipe and would like to receive recipes directly in to your email, please subscribe to our email newsletter located at the right side of this blog site.
OR you can even donate at